Week 13 - Batwoman Elegy - 4 points

     To comment upon the art, it is quite beautiful with many scenes being illustrated in a higher quality or even in watercolor. The writing, however? Ehhhh. Sometimes the panels were very frantic and the time skipping further confused me. I feel like there was a lot of story in previous issues that I missed and now I’m confused. The villain was batwoman's sister and then she died, and then it was explained that she had a sister growing up. I did not know she had a sister until the villain said so. The events are out of order. I think it would have been more satisfying to see Kate miss her “dead” sister, have flashbacks of her sister, and then the traumatic memory of seeing her “dead.” When the villain reveals that she was alive the whole time then I would have cared a lot more since I would then know how much Kate cared about her sister. 

Comments

Popular Posts